How to Buy Weed in DC: All About Weed Gifting Laws
Medical cannabis is legal in Washington DC – but what if you don’t have a medical card? The good news is that the I-71 cannabis gifting laws make it legal to receive marijuana as a gift. So, while it’s technically not legal to buy weed in DC, you can purchase an item and receive cannabis as a gift.
The safest and easiest way to buy weed in DC without a medical card is to find a cannabis gifting company. In this case, you’ll purchase something other than weed and receive weed as a gift.
Do I Need a Medical Card to Get Cannabis in DC?
No. If you already have a medical card, this obviously makes it far easier to buy weed in DC. However, if you don’t have a medical card, it’s better to find a I-71 compliant cannabis gifting business. Applying for a medical card can be a time-consuming process and a huge effort. The cannabis gifting laws make it relatively easy to get cannabis as a gift. The great news is that people from outside of DC can also benefit from the gifting laws. So, if you’re just passing through and hoping to buy weed in DC, you can receive it as a gift, rather than being hindered by the process of applying for a medical card.
Street Lawyer Services
Tips for Buying Weed in DC Legally
While the laws on weed in DC are still relatively strict, it’s possible to enjoy cannabis legally and safely – without a medical card.
If you’re hoping to buy weed in DC, there are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t directly ask to purchase a cannabis item. Remember, you’re purchasing a service or item – the cannabis is simply a gift that you receive.
- Always opt for high-quality products. This ensures a safe, pleasant experience. Just because it’s a gift doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider quality!
- Don’t obtain or possess more than 2 ounces of weed at a time in DC.
- Don’t possess or cultivate more than 3 cannabis plants at a time.
- It’s not legal to use cannabis in public, so to avoid legal troubles, it’s best to enjoy your gift once you’re at home or in another private space.
- To stay on the right side of the law, opt for I-71-compliant stores and cannabis gifters, rather than dealers who sell you cannabis directly.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions about how the process works and about your gift – get to know the strain and product you’re getting.
- You’ll need to bring your ID, and you’ll have to be over 21.
Hopefully, future laws will be passed to make it easier to buy weed in DC – legally, safely, and legitimately. But until then, we welcome you to visit Street Lawyer Services at 409 H Street NE, Washington, DC